Sunday, June 14, 2009

USS Carolina - Wilmington, NC

I know I am way behind on my updates! I am trying to catch up today - a lot has been going on!
We went to Wilmington, North Carolina with Kim and Shawn to visit the big battleship there. It was a great trip that the boys loved! As you can see - it was a couple of months ago, so it was chilly. We really were able to see every inch of that ship! I was impressed with all the things we were able to do and see. We were able to get a feel for how things really are when you are living day and night on the ship. I tell you though - you can not be a very big person on those ships! They passageways and stairways and seat etc. are very small! Konner was the perfect size to easily climb around and move around without worrying about bumping his head or fitting in and out of some of the "holes" you have to use. The rest of us had to move around with caution! We had a great time - we even took the boys to the beach before we left the area. It was cold but they both wanted to go swimming! I had Konner's swimsuit in the car so I put that on him and he would run in and out of the water having a blast! Shawn did not have a swimsuit and was not allowed to go out very far and get all wet - he was very upset about this! He basically pouted the whole time at the beach b/c of this! Konner - though was having a blast and even tried to catch some seagulls!




No comments: