Tuesday, July 8, 2008

4th of July






We continued the tradition with going to Mike and Shannon's house again this year. We thought we were really prepared this time though. Konner still does not enjoy the loudness of the fireworks, so Johnny came up with a brillant idea to go get him some ear phones that people use at a firing range and let him where those at Mike and Shannon's house. So off I went to the sporting goods store to see what a could find. Luckily, I found a pair made for juniors. Long story short and $25.00 later we had a great setup! We arrived at Mike and Shannon's house on the fourth and things were going great. The noise didn't bother Konner as long as he had on the ear phones. Then, about ten o'clock, they started with the big fireworks and Konner comes running out to me screaming, "mommy, fix my ear phones; they broke!" I couldn't believe it. Just as we really needed them, they broke and were useless. So once again, I was stuck inside the house with a scared 3 year old and missed the fireworks!

We did have a wonderful time though. Thanks Mike and Shannon for a wonderful evening! The food and company was awesome!

No comments: