Sunday, January 25, 2009

Christmas

We and our tree finally made it to Christmas day!
We had an absolutely wonderful Christmas. We got to stay home ALL DAY!!!! This was a first for us since we've been together. Usually we travel to two different houses on Christmas day. It was very nice to stay home and enjoy the day without having to rush here and rush there! Mom came over Christmas morning and spent the day with us. Around noon Johnny's parents came over with Tonya and Addy. They spent a few hours with us then went back home. We all met up later to GO OUT TO EAT! That's right ~ NO COOKING!!! Tonya's birthday is on Christmas day so we thought we would go out and celebrate her birthday with her.
Konner woke up around 7am Christmas morning. Which is sleeping in for him. I heard him run into the family room and stop. Then I heard his footsteps coming into my room. I wish I would have recorded his voice that morning. He was soooo excited! He knew Santa was coming but still sounded so surprised that Santa had actually been in his house and left presents under the tree. Well, we had to get up immediately and go see what Santa had left. Konner just ran straight to the tree and asked if they were all for him. He had to start opening something before he burst with excitement. It practically killed him to wait for me to get my camera ready!
I have always loved Christmas morning. Mom and dad always made it a special morning for me and Kim. But to have the opportunity to enjoy thru the eyes of your child is even more special.

Our tree on Christmas morning!

Konner opening the first present!


Still excited about each one!



BOLT! ~ the find of the season ~ He absolutely loved that movie!



Konner taking his cousin Addy for a ride on his 4-wheeler! That's right - no snow and only a light weight jacket on Christmas down here!


1 comment:

Rushele said...

Christmas takes on a whole new meaning when you become a parent, I think.
Like you said, experiencing it thru the eyes of your child is so special, and fun!!
I'm glad Konner was so excited and got what he wanted!