Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Picking out the Christmas Tree

Our Christmas holiday always begins with picking out our tree. This is usually a lot of fun, especially for Konner. This year, it was a very cold evening when we went to find our tree. After a few minutes of being outside, Johnny and Konner were ready to go. I like to take my time and find the perfect tree. To say the least, they were a little impatient with me. I found one I thought would be perfect but later we realized that it was not perfect. But it fulfilled its Christmas destiny and I can't really complain. Once we got it in the house, Konner was anxious to start decorating the tree. By this time, at was a little past 8pm and everyone was tired. It was all we could do to get Konner into bed that night! Eventually I got the tree decorated and it was doing fine for a couple of days. Then the branches relaxed and you could see clearly how it was not the perfect tree. I spent about 6 hours or so putting the lights on the tree. For me, this is by far the worse part of Christmas! But I got it done once again. After a couple of days, the lights for some reason were not working. I tried calling Johnny on his cell phone to ask why. He did not answer. I was soooooo angry at that tree I just had to leave the house. Konner and I went shopping and out for dinner and didn't come home until it was bedtime. I eventually got in touch with Johnny and told him about the lights. Johnny tried to fix them and he did, for a little while. The entire time we had that tree, the lights would come on - then go out. I almost broke down and went to buy an artificial tree at Lowe's at 50% off. But I didn't. That tree made it to the Hardison Family Christmas Party and did fine, but after that, those lights would not come on at all! Johnny was tired of messing with them. But when Christmas morning came along the tree lights came on. I guess it was our own little Christmas miracle!










1 comment:

Rushele said...

We did our very first real tree this year, and Scott was so excited!
He's been wanting one ever since we got married, but we've always had an aritficial one. It is quite difficult to choose a real tree that you can be happy with the whole season!!