Sunday, February 15, 2009

Snow Day!

Every once in a while we get a snow day here and we all go crazy! Schools shut down, grocery store shelfs go bare and the young and young at heart have fun!
Just to let you know ~ this amount of snow shut the city down! It was a fun day though. Konner's cousin, Addy, spent the night Monday night and when they woke up Tuesday morning this is what they saw! They were sooooooo excited. They didn't want to eat breakfast or anything they just wanted to get out and play in the snow! Konner, of course, went full speed ahead into the snow. Addy was a little bit more reserved. She just wanted to play with it with her hands. Konner wanted to play with it, in it and on it however he could! Buster helped him a lot with getting down in the snow! This was Buster's first snow and he LOVED it!
It was very cold and we don't exactly keep appropriate clothing for playing in the snow; especially our little Florida girl, Addy! Poor thing - her feet and hands were so cold. The most I would let them stay out in it was 30 minutes because I didn't want them to get sick.
I have to admit though, I turned into my mother with the way I dressed them. They had on 2 pairs of pants, 2 shirts, 3 hats and mittens and boots! Kim and I always joke about how our mom use to layer us so much with clothes that we could bend our limbs!
We had fun - I always feel like a kid again when it snows!











No comments: